This is my statement of commitment to active anti-racism as an author, creative, intuitive practitioner, business owner and individual.
What is anti-racism?
Anti-racism is the practice of actively opposing and challenging racism.
'Anti-racism is rooted in action. It is about taking steps to eliminate racism at the individual, institutional, and structural levels. It is not a new concept, but the Black Lives Matter movement has helped increase the focus on the importance of anti-racism.' - What is Anti-Racism? (click for full article) www.verywellminds.com
I commit to the ongoing practice of:
- bringing attention to racism in all areas of my client work and online platforms
- actively seeking out information and educational resources from anti-racist educators to confront my unconscious biases & learned behaviours
- viewing my ongoing anti-racist work as a lifelong commitment to a human rights issue, not a tick-box or vehicle for self-improvement
- amplifying & centering BIPOC voices, creativity, work and businesses
- taking action to help BIPOC clients and participants of my work feel included, welcomed and listened to
- receiving feedback on, and taking steps to rectify, any instances where my unawareness or actions offend or hurt a POC
- using my platform and privilege as a white woman to support and ally for BIPOC